FOSS@RIT Tech Team¶
This page explains what the FOSS@RIT Tech Team is, the responsibilities of the team, and where to contact the Tech Team.
What is Tech Team?¶
The FOSS@RIT Tech Team is a group of FOSS@MAGIC staff, RIT faculty, students, and alums who support the infrastructure and digital services of the FOSS@RIT community. The Tech Team was launched in Spring 2020, as part of an open call for volunteers for FOSS@MAGIC. The team is volunteer-driven and loosely under the leadership of FOSS@MAGIC staff.
For information about joining the Tech Team, see Joining Tech Team.
Generally, the FOSS@RIT Tech Team assists with these areas:
- Infrastructure management and administration (more info in Infrastructure and services of the Runbook)
- Software development
- Peer reviews (on code/infrastructure pull requests)
- Early access to FOSS@MAGIC technology experiments
Examples of projects the Tech Team focuses on are listed below:
- FOSSRIT/foss-profiles: Generate a web page for FOSS@RIT community members from YAML profiles
- FOSSRIT/fossrit.github.io: Official website for Free and Open Source Software @ RIT MAGIC Center and FOSS academia
- FOSSRIT/infrastructure: Set of scripts, Ansible playbooks/roles, and other tools to automate and manage FOSS@MAGIC infrastructure
- FOSSRIT/runbook: Documentation and information about the Free and Open Source community at RIT, facilitated by RIT MAGIC Center
- RITlug/teleirc: Telegram <=> IRC bridge for use with any IRC channel and Telegram group